Basic Hair Care: PRO Tips for Beautiful Hair Every Day
Want a minimal effort routine and hair that looks right out of a magazine? Start using the basic hair care tips from the PROs at MOBILESTYLES!
Basic hair care goes beyond picking the right hair products. A minimal effort routine could give you hair that looks straight out of a magazine.
Take a look at the underrated hair tips from the PROs at MOBILESTYLES. Get the glamorous hair you deserve within a week or two!
The thought of spending an hour taming your hair . . . every. single. morning . . . makes even the worst bed head start to look pretty good. If only your hair would settle on some shape. Sigh. Guess it’s a ponytail day — again.
ENOUGH! It’s your turn to let the wind blow your hair and still look incredible! Just start using these basic hair care tips from the PROs at MOBISTYLES today:
1. Rules of shampoo for beautiful hair
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water: Hot water damages hair over time. You’ll see it in the way of split ends and frizz. Lukewarm water, on the other hand, gives your hair a healthy luster.
- Use only a small amount of shampoo: A quarter-sized pump is plenty for medium-length hair. You want the shampoo to remove dirt buildup while your hair’s natural oils do their job to hydrate.
- Condition the roots of your hair: Your hair texture will be softer and lighter if you only apply conditioner to the roots — any higher might make your hair greasy.
- Massage the scalp only: The shampoo that washes down the length of your hair is enough to cleanse it. Scrubbing the rest of your hair will dry it up too much.
- Use your fingertips to massage gently: You are caressing fine hairs, not scrubbing dirt off a cotton shirt. Save your nails for another time!
- Wash your hair once to twice a week: Overwashing dries your hair while making your scalp produce more grease, which could result in dandruff. Not the best combination for care-free hair!
- Avoid shampoos with sulfates: Read the list of ingredients on the back and take that shampoo out of your shopping cart if it lists sulfates. It’s not worth stripping your hair of nutrients for the feel of extra lather.
2. Never rub the towel on your hair
Unless you want instant frizz and hair breakage, pretend your towel is a silk cloth. Use it to gently press your hair a few times. The purpose is to remove the excess moisture from your locks, not to squeeze every last drop of water out of them.
3. The three must-dos after showering
1. Apply moisture to your hair ends. A few drops of almond or jojoba oil will help to seal your hair cuticles.
2. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair (with kindness).
3. Run your fingers through your hair a few times. This distributes the natural oils in your hair and hands evenly, smooths down potential frizz, and helps your hair to dry quicker.
4. Sleep with hair in a loose bun
Tie your hair with a soft elastic tie before bed. The bun will lock in the natural moisture in your hair. It will also give it shape overnight and protect it from damage. Note: Never go to bed with wet hair.
5. Apply a hair mask once a month
Set aside some “me” time once a month as part of your basic hair care routine. Ten minutes to an hour is enough to nurture your hair with a deep conditioning mask.
Basic hair care takes little time when you know how to keep your hair healthy. Although you’ll still want to have a salon day once in a while, there’s no reason to worry about messy hair the rest of the time. Follow the tips from the PROs at MOBILESTYLES for beautiful hair every day. Within a week or two, you should start noticing the results of your new hair routine!
Download the MOBILESTYLES App right now to save time on your hair routine! Find a PRO who does the hard work for you whenever your hair needs a refresher or special updo.