Stand Straight: Tips for Better Posture
Alleviate back, neck, and hip problems by following these tips for better posture.
We’ve got your back with these tips for better posture.
Did you know that May is Correct Your Posture Month? Bad posture is one of the most common factors that affect your spine’s health. The more you slouch, sit, and stand incorrectly, the higher chances you’ll have back, neck, and hip problems in the future. No need to stress right away! Instead, follow this guide on tips for better posture.
Here are some pointers to get your posture on point!
How can I improve my posture overall?
Here are some suggestions to remember to help your overall posture:
- Be mindful of your posture during everyday activities.
- Stay active and exercise.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Make sure work surfaces are at a comfortable height.
- Don’t recline while driving.
- Get enough sleep.
Visit your doctor for additional tips.
How can I improve my posture when sitting?
Let’s be honest — most people spend most of their day sitting. Whether it’s at work or watching
TV, we can’t help but to sit down. If you’re not careful, you can damage your spine. Here are some tips to remember while sitting down for long periods:
- Switch sitting positions.
- Take brief walks.
- Gently stretch your muscles every so often.
- Don't cross your legs.
- Make sure your feet touch the floor.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Make sure your back is fully supported.
- Make sure your thighs and hips are supported.
How can I improve my posture when standing?
Besides sitting, you may find yourself standing for many hours. If you’re not standing correctly, you can be causing more harm than good to your body. Here are recommendations you need to try out:
- Stand up straight and tall.
- Keep your shoulders back.
- Pull your stomach in.
- Put your weight mostly on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your head level.
- Let your arms hang down naturally at your sides.
- Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
With these tips for better posture in mind, you should be able to easily fix any problems you may have. If you tried out these suggestions and nothing works, please consult your doctor right away. If you’re trying to improve other parts of your body, then let one of our health PROs in your area help. From improving your skin to releasing tension in your muscles, we have a variety of professionals who can help. Get started today by downloading the MOBILESTYLES App.