DIY Home Beauty Treatments Using Strawberries
Did you know you can make at-home beauty treatments using strawberries? We've rounded up three different recipes for you to try right here!
'Tis the season for strawberries!
Not only are they delicious . . . strawberries are also the perfect ingredient for your DIY beauty treatments.
Hold the phone. Did you know that strawberries can be used for beauty and wellness purposes? No need to break the bank at Ulta to get the treatment you need. Just grab those strawberries out of your fridge, and let’s make a DIY beauty treatment.
Check out the treatments we’ve rounded up below!
Strawberry Teeth Whitener
If you’re looking to achieve whiter teeth without all of those nasty (and usually painful) chemical whitening agents, look no further than this strawberry DIY teeth whitener. Strawberries contain an enzyme called malic acid that can actually whiten your teeth. To achieve those perfect pearly whites, simply:
- Crush a strawberry and mix it with ½ of a teaspoon of baking soda
- Apply the mixture all over your teeth with a toothbrush and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and then brush your teeth as usual to remove the mixture.
This will create a delicious scrub that will both clean and whiten your teeth naturally. As with any teeth whitening treatment, limit the amount of times you use this hack to prevent damaging your teeth.
Strawberry Lemon Face Mask for Oil Control
Strawberries contain lots of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) that are a common ingredient in many skincare products. When strawberry is paired with lemon, the mixture can clear your pores and prevent your skin from producing too much oil (which is a major cause of acne.) To make this mask:
- Combine 2 mashed strawberries with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture to clean and dry skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- When the time is up simply rinse with warm water to remove the mask, rinse again with cool water to close your pores and lastly follow up with your regular skincare routine.
Strawberry Conditioning Hair Mask
For a conditioning boost and natural shine, use this strawberry hair mask weekly!
- Blend a few strawberries with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise until a paste forms.
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp and lock it in with a shower cap.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for a minimum of 20 minutes and shampoo and condition as you normally would.
Who knew strawberries were so versatile? We’re shook that we can whiten our teeth, refresh our face, and give some extra shine to our hair — all by using our favorite fruit. What DIY strawberry beauty treatment are you most excited to try? Let us know on social media by tagging us @mobilestylesapp.