MOBILESTYLES' 2-Ingredient DIY Vegan Lip Balm
Keep your lips looking sensual with the best vegan lip balm ever! Only 2 natural ingredients. No hassle. No mess.
All you need is one minute of jamming to the beep of a microwave, and voilà! You have your own vegan lip balm to moisturize even the driest lips.
No hassle. No mess. Faster than driving to the grocery store, and without the risk of buying cupcakes.
Your lips are a symbol of sensuality — at least when they’re properly hydrated. Give them the attention they deserve with the best vegan lip balm ever — one designed by you! You’ll find the ingredients readily online. With a few optional ingredients, you could tint and scent your lips, for a touch of glamour. Make it in recycled lip balm tubes or small containers with our hassle-free, mess-free instructions.
Beauty benefits of DIY vegan lip balm
For the best texture and healing properties, we recommend using:
1. Candelilla wax, which works as a barrier on your lips to lock in their natural moisture. This gives your lips a chance to heal, instead of clogging them with heavy oils.
2. Almond oil, which smooths down any traces of chapped, rough skin on your lips. Alternatively, you could use coconut oil, jojoba oil, or moringa oil.
Personalizing your vegan lip balm
Merge your favorite store-bought lipstick with your new lip balm for a gorgeous tint! Or, add a natural tint and subtle scent with other vegan ingredients!
For a natural tint, use beetroot powder. Add a pinch for a light pink shade, or a whole teaspoon for a deep red color.
For a soothing scent and extra moisture, add a couple drops of essential oils. Our favorites are spearmint, lavender, and jasmine.
Finally, if you want a super creamy lip balm, stir some shea butter into the mix!
How to make vegan lip balm at home
2 tbsp. candelilla wax
1 tbsp. almond oil
¼ tbsp. shea butter
½ tsp. beetroot powder
¼ tsp. lipstick
2 drops of your favorite essential oil
1. Place the candelilla wax and the almond oil in a microwave-safe container (such as a glass measuring cup).
2. Heat for 10 seconds at a time, and then stir. Repeat this process until the mix is fully melted.
3. Mix the beetroot powder and essential oils, if using.
4. Dissolve any clumps with a spoon.
5. Pour the mixture into recycled lip balm tubes or small containers.
Experiment with the wax/oil ratio to get the consistency you desire. You can re-melt the mixture as many times as needed until you get your ideal feel!
Store for up to six months in your nightstand, bathroom cabinet, kitchen counter, purse, or pockets.
When you’re ready for sensual lips without a trace of chapping or harsh chemicals, give our vegan lip balm recipe a try!