You Probably Didn’t Know That These Are Aphrodisiac Foods
Take your bedroom fun to the next level by trying out aphrodisiac foods like the ones we talk about in this guide.
Spice up your love life with these aphrodisiac foods.
“Sexual intimacy is a continuing process of discovery.” – Sheri Stritof. No matter how long you have been together, you are probably always finding new ways to keep things exciting with your partner. A great way to discover new and exciting things for any relationship can be through aphrodisiac foods. So, what are they? What foods are aphrodisiacs? And, do they really work? The only way to find out is to keep reading this guide.
Are any of these foods in your kitchen?
What is an aphrodisiac?
Any substance or food that increases sexual desire, arousal, behavior, performance, or pleasure is considered an aphrodisiac. People may want to take an aphrodisiac to improve their sex lives for various reasons, such as low libido or the desire to enhance sexual performance, but sometimes people simply want to enjoy sex more.
What kinds of food are aphrodisiacs?
Aphrodisiacs are classified into several categories based on how they are supposed to work. As an example:
- Spicy: foods that increase body temperature (i.e. hot chili peppers)
- Reproductive organs of specific animals (i.e. eggs or animal testicles)
- Foods that evoke the senses: sight, smell, and taste are all thought to have aphrodisiac properties (i.e. chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream, honey, etc.)
- Rare and exotic food or spices (i.e. food or spices from other countries)
- Foods that resemble sexual organs like certain fruits and vegetables (i.e. bananas, pomegranates, cucumbers, etc.)
- Natural supplements: supplements you can buy over the counter to help with your overall and sexual health (i.e. red ginseng, fenugreek, horny goat weed, yohimbe, ambrien, etc.)
However, there are many foods you may already have in your refrigerator or pantry. Common foods you may have heard are aphrodisiacs include:
- Pine nuts, walnuts, and almonds
Do they actually work?
Although many products claim to increase sexual desire and pleasure, the effectiveness of aphrodisiacs has yet to be proven. Research has frequently failed to demonstrate the effectiveness of certain substances and, in some cases, has even revealed that certain substances may have negative side effects. This is not to say that food cannot play a role in enhancing your sexual life. Obviously, eating a nutritious diet can help you feel healthier and more energetic overall, which can influence your sexual desire and behaviors. When you're feeling good, you're more likely to be interested in sex. Always talk with your partner and see what works for you both and then explore. Just remember to always be safe!
Conclusion: With these aphrodisiac foods in mind, you and your partner can spice up your playtime in the bedroom. Do you want more ways to improve your date nights or your relationship? Check out MOBILESTYLES’ blog to see tips, recommendations, advice, guides, and more.