DIY Beet Hair Dye for Ultra Healthy Red Hair
Bored of the same look? Temporarily tint your hair with a homemade beet hair dye for a striking pink, red, or purple color!
Making your own beet hair dye has become a new TikTok trend for good reason.
Costing under $3 and needing only five minutes of prep, check out how and why to use beets to get your next hair color!
Making and using your own beet hair dye will give your hair a healthy glow. If you’re not ready to commit to red hair, you can create your own color from a range of light pink to a deep, purplish-red. It’s also only temporary, so you can wash it off easily whenever you need.
Seven reasons to use beet juice as hair dye
1. Beet juice nourishes your hair with vitamins C and E for a healthy luster.
2. Beet hair dye removes dandruff, thanks to its antifungal properties.
3. You can dye your hair comfortably at home with only five minutes of prep time.
4. It’s a quick alternative to a salon if a special occasion pops up.
5. Temporary color washes off easily when you want to change it up again.
6. Making your own beet hair dye costs less than a cup of coffee.
7. Beet hair dye causes zero damage and uses zero harsh chemicals on your hair.
How red do beets color your hair?
It depends on your natural hair color! Dark hair will look a deep, purplish-red, while light hair will look pink or bright red. You can create your ideal color by adjusting the beet to water ratio!
How long does beet hair dye last?
Beet hair dye usually lasts up to 10 days, as long as you continue to rinse with cold water only. Shampooing your hair usually washes off the dye completely. Keep unwashed hair looking fresh with these tips and tricks!
How to dye your hair with beet juice
1. Buy a bottle of beet juice or blend your own at home.
2. Warm up the juice in the microwave to activate the pigments.
3. (Optional) Mix with a few drops of coconut oil for a longer lasting color.
4. Wear plastic gloves to avoid staining your hands.
5. Apply the mixture to the spots you want to dye.
6. Cover your hair with a shower cap.
7. Let the dye set for between one and five hours.
8. Rinse your hair with cold water until the water runs a light pink color.
9. Squeeze out any excess water and dab your hair gently with a clean towel.
10. Blow dry your hair to avoid staining your clothes.
Have fun changing your look with beet hair dye! You’ll love the healthy glow and the range of colors you can create. Catching everyone’s eye is just a bonus!
Posting your striking results on Instagram? Tag @mobilestylesapp to show off your new style!